What I love about taco dip with ground beef
Hot taco dip with ground beef is an easy to make baked dip that will easily become a family favorite. This dip features ground beef layered under a creamy traditional taco dip and topped with mexican cheeses, tomatoes, jalapeños and black olives then baked to a bubbly golden brown.
Taco dip is always a hit, and of course one of my favorites. This recipe really picks it up a notch. It’s like loaded beef nachos crossed with a jalapeño popper dip, and if you haven’t had jalapeño popper dip you definitely should try this recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
How to make hot taco dip with meat
Brown the beef. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, then add 2 tsp of minced garlic. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then add the beef. Cook until browned through. Drain the beef if needed and transfer into baking dish.
Whip the taco dip. With a hand mixer, whip softened cream cheese and sour cream. Once well mixed, fold in both taco seasoning packets. Whip again until smooth and well combined. Smooth the taco dip mixture over the beef in the baking pan.
Add the toppings. Top the dip with shredded cheese, jalapeńos, cherry tomatoes, black olives, green onions and cilantro. You can switch up your toppings, really anything that goes with tacos will go well on this. For this part I strategically made some areas that had no jalapeńos and some with no black olives, because some of us do not like black olives and some do not love spicy in this house!
Bake at 350˚F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Allow to cool a bit, but then serve warm with tortilla chips or even a pita chip would work well. Enjoy!
Tips for making taco dip with ground beef
More great appetizer recipes you will lovePrint
Hot Taco Dip with Ground Beef
Hot taco dip with ground beef is a easy to make baked dip that will easily become a family favorite. This dip features ground beef layered under a creamy traditional taco dip and topped with mexican cheeses, tomatoes, jalapeños and black olives then baked to a bubbly golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican/American
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 taco seasoning packets
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, sauté minced garlic until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and continue to sauté until fully cooked. Remove from heat spread on bottom of baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth.
- Layer cream cheese mixture on top of beef in baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeños and black olives.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 352.1 mg
- Fat: 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 84 mg
Keywords: hot taco dip, taco dip with ground beef, taco dip with meat, baked taco dip, taco dip ground beef, taco dip with beef, hot taco dip recipe